Friday, August 14, 2009

The Music The Mud!



Did you honestly think I would forget about this? August 15, 1969 was one of America's biggest parties. The music, the mud all took place at Max Yasgur's dairy farm in New York. What better reason, other than a terrorist attack, to close the NY freeway.
The Hog Farm Commune helped organize the campgrounds, operate free kitchens set up bad trip tents and introduce yoga and granola bars to the masses. A half a million strong!
There weren't cell phones or the Internet back then, but the underground press spread the word. Originally, Abbie Hoffman referred to the concert as Woodstock Nation, now in the 21st century, it is known as The Woodstock Moment.
Checkout the website woodstock.com for great memories of this great 3 days in our history. Meanwhile, I would like to hear about your experiences at Woodstock.
Peace.



Woodstock: 40 Years on: Back to Yasgur's Farm (6CD, Limited Edition)

3 comments:

ethelmaepotter! said...

Well, I just KNEW you'd have a Woodstock post up! Were you there? Not me; I was dreading going into eighth grade in a new school, new town, new state. My sister, a year my junior, wanted to go badly. And yes, she's still a hippie...

jeanie said...

I was 9 and don't remember a thing about it at the time but certainly know it's impact on our country. I do remember Kent state where 4 were shot dead. I love your blog and will keep checking back. I spent my teen years in Ohio. I did the whole hippy thing in the 70's and 80's. It gets into your being and never lets go.

Timoteo said...

We bow in reverence to the ORIGINAL hippies!