Saturday, February 6, 2010

This Boomer Turned 60!

Can you believe it! Well, neither can I.  I must say, I was a bit apprehensive about this day. When our parents were sixty, they were old, for sure.We measure events on this planet by minutes, hours, days, months and years. It's quite restrictive, you know. I like to think of being 60 as a third trimester of pregnancy. That makes sense to me.
At any rate, I had a great day! I cruised around my old stomping ground, Bowling Green. I visited old friends, the shops and of course the bars. There was a surprise around every corner. The best thing was, I documented the whole day with my camera and journal. If I loose my mind someday, then at least I can look at the pictures.
So, my words of wisdom to you are, "Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!"
Sixty and lovin' it!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday. I wish you all the best for the next 60

ethelmaepotter! said...

Happy birthday! That's one of my favorite quotes. So, who are your Lady Liberties?

Bill Williams said...

i totally understand the problem of changing to a new decade. i have now changed to retirement. real adjustment but i am now really enjoy it.

JulyJeanie said...

Hey Joyce,

It sounds to me like you had an incredibly wonderful 60th Birthday! Congrats for reaching it! I just stopped in to let you know.....I also turned 60 last July 09. Although my birthday was quite uneventful, I'm not complaining....I like it that way nowadays. I also very much agree with that saying, and I do live for those moments that take my breath away! Baby Boomers Rock!!

Cheap Soma said...

happy 60! my aunt turned 60 too and she's been bugging me to create a facebook account for her! she became more fun!

Kelly @ Impowerage said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

It seems most people have a hard time believing their age and surveys even show healthy, active older people perceive themselves to be 75 to 80 percent of their actual chronological age

राम बंसल/Ram Bansal said...

Congrats for being young at 60.
Life is not to be counted by breathes but by the creations we provide to this world.

Frank Brinkman said...

Aquarian to Aquarian; Happy Birthday. Enjoy each day. Treat them as a gift they are will bring you joy. I like your blogs. Thank you for sharing your thoughts... They are precious. 8?)

Frank Brinkman said...

Aquarian to Aquarian; Happy Birthday. Enjoy each day. Treat them as a gift they are will bring you joy. I like your blogs. Thank you for sharing your thoughts... They are precious. 8?)

Count Sneaky said...

Happy Birthday Lilac. As you will see the sixties are not that bad, really. Your responsibilities are less, your girth increases a little and your children and government start taking more responsibility for your welfare in anticipation of your seventies. I will pass the 3/4's of a century mark in a couple of months. It ain't bad, my dear.

Monica - footloose said...

Happy belated Birthday! I just found your blog and am happy to start following. I too am a boomer, almost 61 (alas, this month!)Welcome to the boomer galaxy.

Joy said...

I liked what you said on your profile, once a hippie, always a hippie. I think it's true, at least I still feel like a hippie. Born again Christain now, though, but STILL A HIPPIE!!! Peace!